If you didn't live thru the decade, than you probably think that 80's fashions were all about Madonna, Mullets, and Miami Vice....well, yes, it was, but there is so so much more fun fashion to exploit for the best Halloween costume!!
Here's a few ideas to get you started - take any (or all) of the basic items below to create a cool Halloween look:
- legwarmers - don't have any, just cut the arms off an old sweater, use rubber bands to hold them up if nec.
- wayfarer style sunglasses
- parachute pants
- ANYTHING acid washed - got an old pair of denim, splash some bleach on 'em to re-create the look!
- stirrup pants - just sold my only pair the other day, sorry guys and gals!!
- Jessica McClintock Gunne Sax dresses, preferable with socks and ankle boots!
- Huge Shoulder pads, preferable on your jumpsuit (bonus point if it's a denim jumpsuit!) - can't find big enough shoulders, or just want BIGGER? pin some folded socks to the inside shoulder of your jacket.
- anything graffiti's or paint splattered, with neon paint of course - easy and fun DIY
- Yes, Miami Vice fashions were big in the 80's for men - find yourself a pastel colored suit jacket, pair it with a ribbed tank tee, and if you are lucky enough to find a pair of Capezio shoes, you're all set!!
- As for Hair??? The bigger the better, tease it high with LOTS of Aqua Net...then find a piece of lace and tie it up like a headband with a big bow a la Madonna.
Kitsch-y-Cool Vintage in Charlotte!
We're open 7 days a week, and open till 8pm
on Friday's and Saturday's!