Sunday, August 15, 2010

Fashions in Life - December 1968

I have always been fascinated by old magazines and booklets - especially ones that feature fashion articles. For a Vintage lover like me, it's a great way to research clothing and accessories through the years, and for dating clothing you are unsure about.

So I thought I would share some of these articles and advertisements that I find while researching!
This week I found a couple of ads from a December, 1968 issue of Life Magazine:
This ad is for donating to nonprofit hospitals - but what caught my eye was the hat! Seriously? Is that really what nurses were wearing in 1968?

Fancypants - made of paper, but soft as silk! Why don't they still make these! No more packing underwear for a long vacation, then bringing dirty underwear back home to launder. Just toss them out!

To check out all Kitsch-y-Cool Vintage magazines in person, visit us in Charlotte!

No comments: