Thursday, January 21, 2010

These Boots Are Made For Walkin'

Punk's not dead...
Growing up in the DC punk rock scene in the 80's, I still have a soft spot in my heart for old-fashioned punk rock combat boots! Kitsch-y-Cool Vintage is bringing 'em back this week with a new assortment of weather worn and loved boots - sizes ranging from 5 - 10.



For the 80's flashback video, I tried very very hard to find a video of my all time favorite DC punk rock band Government Issue's version of These Boots Are Made for Walking, so if anyone out there has one, send it our way! In the meantime, we found a great video circa. 1984 of the GI's doing "Understand" at the famous 9:30 club (the old one at 930 F St, which to me is the real 9:30!). We spent many a night of our youth here, and in fact we're probably in the crowd at this show - look for us! Enjoy!

No comments: