This week - the iconic 1920's!!!
1920's fashion is all about an easy, loose, jazzy look.
Think flapper girls and speak-easy's, Great Gatsby & The Cotton Club, gangsters and silent movies.
Can't find a fringed "Flapper" dress? Don't freak! A simple black tank dress will do with all the right accessories - all you need for a Flapper look is:
- black tank dress - or drop waist dress
- long long "pearl" beads
- elbow length gloves
- Cloche style hats (when you can find one!) OR
- headband, or piece of wide ribbon & big full feather for headband (both available at local craft store)
- feather boas are a plus - some craft or fabric stores carry yardage of feathers at affordable prices - just a couple of yards will do!
- craft a long cigarette holder out of craft straws, etc
For the guys,
- look for a stylish but slightly oversized double breasted suit, wide pinstripes a plus!
- black are dark color dress shirt with white tie
- Fedora style hat or bowler
- Create "Spats" from white felt and wear over black dress shoes. Use black marker to create the "buttons" - but safety pins can hold these in place
- walking cane or toy machine gun make great prop accessories